Are you up for the challenge!? Read below to find out the rules and submission information!
For full contest details, see the FreeSpirit website here.
The HomeMade challenge will inspire you to examine what makes you create. Tula Pink's HomeMade line takes each step of the quilting process, from cutting to basting, and displays them in this colourful and quirky fabric line. Through this challenge, you will be participating with other quilters, sewists, and makers throughout Canada and the United States. After passing through a local jury to represent East Coast Quilt Co., your quilt could go to the final jury (including Tula Pink!) will choose 12 quilts to move on. These 12 quilts will be displayed at the Fall International Quilt Market and Festival in Houston, TX (scheduled for October 2020) and will have the opportunity to win over $10,000 in prizes. We encourage everyone to challenge themselves!
*See the FreeSpirit Fabrics website for more details, including submission and photo information.Click here to shop the Tula Pink HomeMade line and Aurifil thread!
- Make a quilt measuring at least 60" x 60". (152.4cm square)
- 80% of the quilt must be showcasing Tula Pink's line 'HomeMade' (see link below to shop East Coast Quilt Co.'s selection).
- Use of Aurifil thread is encouraged; make note of the colour and weight that you use.
- Submit a maximum of two quilts.
- LOCAL DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: August 31st, 2020. Submissions to East Coast Quilt Co. after August 31st will not be considered.
- Include a 4" finished sleeve on the top back of the quilt.
- Your name, address, email, and phone number should be securely sewn to the back.
- Team efforts are allowed, but all must be given proper credit.
- Submit your quilt(s) to East Coast Quilt Co. with this form.